More Teeth Whitening Tips
Who doesn't fancy a bright white smile? Besides boosting your confidence, it can help you improve your social relationships. Most people say that having a white smile is engaging, inviting and exciting. Even better, it can help you secure an amazing job. With a white sparkling smile, you can stand out in a crowd since it highlights a good self-image.
There are scores of teeth whitening tips on the internet. There are also dentists who offer professional teeth whitening treatments. You could also try whitening your teeth at home using mouthwash or toothpaste. Below are some of the best tips that can help you brighten your teeth.
- Avoid using too much baking soda in your food (baked goods). Naturally, baking soda is the go-to ingredient for cleaning tough stains in your house and many people may assume that it works as a teeth whitener too. However, this is completely misguided. Too much use of baking soda will result in wearing out of the enamel resulting in darker teeth.
- Eating darker foods frequently can also cause darker teeth. Therefore, on the list of foods to avoid eating frequently includes blueberries, marinara sauce, soy sauce etc. These foods have a darker pigmentation that can cause staining on your teeth. Note that, you don't have to eliminate these foods completely from your diet but rather reduce your frequency of consumption.
- It's very clear that if you want your teeth to remain white, you need to avoid caffeinated beverages such as coffee or tea. Also, stay away from red wine and energy drinks. These drinks contain an acid that causes erosion of the enamel which causes staining of the teeth. Instead of halting your consumption of these drinks, you could try taking them using a straw to prevent any contact with the teeth.
- Cleaning your teeth properly is a great way to keep your teeth looking white for longer. However, it all depends on the type of toothbrush you are using for the job. It's advisable to swap your toothbrush every 3 months or as soon as the bristles start coming out or bending. Cleaning your teeth with bad toothbrushes will definitely do more harm than good.
- Don't forget to brush your tongue when you are brushing your teeth. Most people think brushing your tongue only promotes fresh breath. However, it's good to know that the tongue contains tons of bacteria, mostly from saliva. Therefore, if they are not cleaned out, you might end up having discolored teeth. Clean your tongue using long strokes with your toothbrush from the back to the front with a thorough rinse after each stroke. That way, you can remove the bacteria completely without returning them back to the tongue.
- Once you are done brushing, you should consider rinsing your mouth with apple cider vinegar as well as water. It might not be an effective teeth whitening treatment but it works as a natural and organic effective. Add water to apple cider vinegar and swish it around in your mouth for at least a minute after brushing to brighten your smile.
- ïAdd raw fruits and vegetables to your diet for a brighter smile. Crunchy foods are good for your teeth and your body as well. Carrots, cauliflower or apples help remove the surface stains on your teeth or plaque that's responsible for causing cavities. Inadvertently, these fruits and veggies will brighten your teeth.
- There are dentists who offer their patients teeth whitening strips. Although they are good for brightening your teeth, they might not work as effectively as gel trays. Teeth are darker near the gum line and these strips don't reach these points. Therefore, you should replace your strips with gel trays for the best teeth whitening tips.
- Everyone is fond of citrus fruits, especially because of the numerous nutritious benefits they provide. However, it's good to know that citric acid is bad for your enamel since it causes erosion which leads to staining. Well, since you can't stop eating these fruits completely, you should always rinse your mouth with water immediately after consumption. That way, the acid is completely rinsed and your teeth are in good shape.
There you have it, the best teeth whitening tips you could try at home!